Friday, August 29, 2008

Fantastic to have you with us

I take a modicum of pleasure in TV One’s Breakfast show. I miss Paul Henry. Apparently he returns to our screen soon – I can’t wait. I didn’t always like Paul, but here is a guy with really a spontaneous sense of humour. He laughs at is own jokes aka Billy Connelly.

To be an announcer on this programme you have to master certain opening lines:

Brilliant you could join us.
Fantastic to have you with us.

Fantastic and brilliant can be swapped or replaced by great, fabulous, marvelous.

I have yet to hear incredible, sensational, stupendous, extraordinary… but it is only a matter of time.

I guess that why I like the show .. it gives you a buzz furst thung un a Nu Zulun morning to be so appreciated!! By people who don’t even know you exist!

But imagine the truth!

Unlikely to have you with us
Bizarre to have you with us
Amazing that you could join us
Absurd to have you with us
Awful to have you with us

But first here is Mirama with the news!

or is that Tamati with the weather?

No comments: