Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Those damned fast walkers

Imagine walking 10 km in 37 mins 53 secs. Now that is down right indecent.
Most runners would give their right arm to run it that fast.
Francisco Javier Fernandez (Don't ya love those Spanish names!) did it in the Spanish champs yesterday.
It was a new world record (needless to say).

What a performance!

When you do the maths - the perfomance is staggering

Each kilometer in around 3 min 47 secs!
Each mile in 6 mins 12 secs.

and always hopefully - one foot on the ground!

I walked 7.5 km in 46mins recently in a walk relay, churning out each km in 6 mins 12 secs - and I thought I was going fast.



Walking in the sunshine ... sing a little sunshine song

put a smile on your face as if there's nothing wrong ...


Another storm bearing down on Nu Zilun

Batten down the hatches agin!








Reckin this'l keep me safe from that there storm!







But I can't see me walkin too fast in this outfit









In days of old when knights were bold and ...

No comments: