Monday, March 15, 2010

Down and down I go, round and round I go, caught in a spin ...

Sunday morning training. Racewalking. Feeling good. Feeling fast. Flying along Kilarney at a good 6 minute km pace. Passed some cars illegally parked on footpath.

Along past the firestation. Really flying now. Foot clips something on the ground.

There is that knowing moment. I am going down and there ain't nothing I can do but land well and break no bones.

Grazed knee, grazed hands, grazed elbow ... grazed shoulder  ... no broken bones.


Girl-with-water-bottle offers water for inital cleanup - so those bottles have some use afterall. Thanks Girl-with-water-bottle.

Limp a couple of km to A & E clinic. Arrived with bloody leg, bloody hands, bloody elbow, bloody shoulder. Get patched up and  tetanus shot. Limp home.

Flying high in April ... shot down in May.

When I find myself lying flat on my face ... I pick myself up and get back in the race .... that's life ...

No comments: