Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You're the top, you're the Mona Lisa, you're the top, you're the Tower of "Pizza"

The Halberg awards are for the top Nu Zulun sports men and women. Again this year I was not nominated.

Even though I am a semi-extinguished athlete! I was devastated, I can tell you. After all, I was winner of the Bill Taylor Trophy at Calliope last year and third this year! What more do they want?

The All Whites won some stuff including the Pizza supreme award.

Now I love football ... don't get me wrong. Indeed, I much prefer it to the other code.

But the Halbergs have trodden into dangerous territory and controversy.

I cannot, for the life of me remember an occasion when the award did not go to an individual or a team who ranked pretty well best in the world.


Sadly, no matter, how much you love them, they are no where near the best in the world.

Now, I know the arguments.

Fantastic achievement in the hardest and greatest competitive code in the world after all, a gazillion countries play football and only a handful play that other code.

Relatively speaking it is the same as being .... and all that Jazz.

I remain unimpressed.

They need an award like .... now what would you name it? The relatively supreme award.

No comments: