Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My secret love’s no secret anymore……

It is time for that great Calliope secret to a great performance - secret training.

We will have barely scraped into 2010 when a couple of key events will confront the New Zealand race walking community.

The first, on January 10th, will be a 20 km trial to select teams of four men and four women to compete in an inaugural Trans-Tasman challenge against an under 23 Australian team.

The second, on February 22nd, will be the actual Trans-Tasman test in Hobart. It will be the first time in around 28 years that a New Zealand Australia challenge has taken place.

This blogger is hoping to front up in the January 10 trial. Although the men’s qualifying time of 1hr 50 is somewhat beyond my current race walking talents, the trial will be an opportunity to improve on my personal best in trying to approach the 2 hr mark.

I am entering a phase of  secret training  for the event.

We Calliope athletes are renown for secret training!

I am hoping my friend Tyrell, one of the great  secret trainers of all time will give me tips on how to keep my  secret training a secret – cos  this here blog certainly isn’t helping!

The picture below shows me out on one of my secret training sessions.



Now I hear you saying "where the heck is he?"

Well folks, that's a secret!!

No comments: