Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Walking my baby back home ....torn between two lovers!!!



It was the National Race Walking Road Relay Championship. It was the Ekiden Relay held in Lower Hutt on May 24th. Yours truly was in the winning team: Racewalking Auckland (A Team). Chuffed was I to get a lovely medal. Chuffed also was my Mum in the Rest Home to see her boy-child (one of two) finally achieving something in his athletic career. She did really break into a chorus of “Walking my baby back home…”

The relay was held on a sublimely awful Wellington day. Planes had been turned back at the Airport. Our team barely arrived in-tacked in the capital to lay their all on the line for the dear old club.

However I did walk twice that day - for i am a walker with multiple personalities.
At 10 am I donned the blue uniform of Racewalking Auckland and did my thing over 7.2 km.

Later, I donned the black uniform of my beloved Calliope and did my thing again over 5 km.








By the finish I was indeed a spent force.

No comments: