Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I have often walked down the street before ...

I have to come out of the closet and confess that I watch Coronation Street.

Heaven knows why ... it is awful ...but that's the nature of insanity.

Ken Barlow (William Roache) is currently as I speak moving down that certain road to another of his many infidelities or is it adulteries. Does that make him an infidel?

The Street operates its story line on a numbers of cycles (not bicycles!). The episode cycle, the weekly cycle, the monthly cycle and so forth up to a ten year cycle.

I have done the research and I know!!!!

Which means you can follow the story if you only watch once a month or once every ten years.


But folks why are they called Soaps or Soap Operas?

It is because the story lines are written by people when they have having a bath. Yes it is true. Max Cryer told me!

No seriously folks ... it is because the early sponsors of the genre were soap manufacturers. It's true ... you check it out then if you don't believe me ... go on!

Finally if you don't like soap operas you have to put up this sign ....

No comments: