Monday, January 17, 2011

Fame and fortune how empty they can be ....

Fame is not all it is cracked up to be.

Fortunately, I am one of those blessed people who is not famous.

I am not even remotely famous.
Why isn't infamous the opposite of famous?

I get to do dumb things and it is not splashed all over the newspaper.

Take the case of - a world Champ 400 metre runner. He was caught out doping and his excuse. Well enough said ... Suffice to say he is paying the price of fame.

Like many, my emails occasionally get spam trying to peddle stuff the appeals to male vanity. No... I haven't bought any!

I'll stick to my vitamins. But I have done dumb things and said dumb things and I am sure glad not to have the paparazzi prying into my life.

Even as youngster I once pushed a piece of meccano into a wall socket and got blasted half way across the room.

In fact, as I said on face book, I have received the DONZ (disorder of NZ award).

The price of fame is too high for an intelligent man or women to pay.

I feel sorry for the 400 metre runner.

Here's to anonymity - long may it last!

I do have a friend who was once described as a semi-distinguished athlete.

And if you do hear anything - it's all a filthy rumour!!!!

No comments: