Monday, October 19, 2009

That's why darling its incredible that someone so unforgettable ...

I read the results, and I was, as they say, gobsmacked ...

A sporting achievement of world shattering proportions has passed under the radar screen down here in Nu Zulun!

One Sala Vaega completed the Sir Barry Curtis 10 km walk in 37:22. Yes indeed, that is 37 min and 22secs. Check the results here! If you don't believe me.

The lady competed in the female 35-39 division. Considering that the world record for men is is 37:53 set by Francisco Javier Fernandez, the mind simply boggles at this perfomance by Vaega.
 
It seems the Pakaranga Athletic Club are unaware of the significance of Vaega's unbelievable time.
 
Such an acheivement, I can assure you, would not go unnoticed at Calliope.
 
This women, it appears, beat New Zealand Commonwealth Games silver medalist, Tony Sargisson and 4 times British champion Mike Parker.
 
You know, I can't help but feel that something is not quite right .... especially when a google search resulted in no hits for Sala Vaega racewalker.
 
Dare I say it ... could it possibly be that perhaps she ran ?????

No comments: