Friday, November 13, 2009

Early one morning, just as the sun was rising....


There are times when I have to question the sanity of some of my race walking friends.
I have had a number of emails lately inviting me to join friends in a training stint on Saturday morning.


One was to begin at 6 am. Another (not to be outdone) was for 5 am.

Now, I am not a late riser.

I am happily up and bouncing about by 7:30 on a Saturday and ready for a training spin at 8:30 or 9.

I draw the line at 6 am. Even with my running pals we start at 8 am. And 5 am is  positively unhealthy.

Now I have my reasons, and they are not simply related to a love of being flat on my back at 5 am.

There is another reason. These early morning stints tend to be long walks of between 20 and 30 km.

Now, I find this managable - but they do leave me somewhat knackered. And I do not like spending the rest of my Saturday knackered.

I would rather go out later and spend less time knackered.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

5am is ludicrous - what are they thinking - and what time do they go to bed? Do they have any social life?

Tony said...

AAAH Frank, you lazy old sot.
Get yer butt out of bed and hit the road