Friday, November 6, 2009

Your cheating heart will tell on you!!


Attention
Mr Maurice Hanvey ... but more on this later ....





“Did you do the Auckland Marathon?” has been a question put to me a number of times this week.


My answer in brief: No.

Why not they ask?

Too early.

Too many people.

Too many people not adequately prepared.

Too many people who only enter to run or walk over the bridge.

Too crooked with too many people who run when they entered as a walker and claim times they ought not be entitled to. However this slack attitude is in fact encouraged by the organizers of the race and I quote "Walkers who choose to run at times during their chosen event on the day (and vice versa) are not penalised."

Too many people who start near the front when they know they are going to run or walk at the speed of an Amazonian sloath

Too many people seen entering the toilets at Okahu Bay and using them as the turning around point in the marathon (somewhat short of St Heliers, I would have thought!). Mind you it is probably good that these slow sloaths do so, or search parties might have to be sent out.

I hear that the winner of the men’s half marathon walk was one Maurice Hanvey (in the 60-64 age group) in a time of 1:39:09. Now Maurice, I am sugessting that either you ran all the way, or even more likely, you had your wife give you a pair of roller skates. There were of course many others with ridiculous times as you can see.

Now, Maurice Hanvey, I personally challenge you to a properly judged walk over a mere 10 km. If you beat me I will give you $100 and withdraw my innuendos. If I beat you, you simply confess to your indiscretion.

Now a 1:39:09 half marathon means you would go through the 10 km mark in about 47:30.

I bet you cannot break 58 mins for 10 km!!!!!

Friends of Mr Hanvey, please alert him to this offer!!

Oh and here is Maurice's photos in the race gosh he is a young looking man for being in his 60s!!
Pictures of  60-year old Maurice Walking!!! The One in Blue!!

3 comments:

Tony said...

OMG!!!!
whatever moisturizer Maurice is on -- I want some!

Ian said...

I note you have used this song twice now!

Eric said...

So have ya heard from the Hanvey bloke yet?
Did he author a book called Henry's seven letters?
http://openlibrary.org/a/OL3715864A/Maurice_Hanvey