Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Food glorious food …there’s nothing quite like it .. when you’re in the mood …

 Like some of you aspiring amateur chefs, I too have been watching Master Chef: The Professionals over the Christmas break.

Made a wonderful change from Sainsbury’s slackening jowls Close Up, I must say.

But I was, Frankly, disappointed. Night after night, I waited for that great English iconic dish to be on the menu - Tripe and Onions.

I wanted to see how the eventual winner Derek Johnstone might turn out a Traditional Michelin Star Quality dish of Tripe and Onions.

The trouble is the mere sight of a dish of Tripe and Onions on the TV screen can set some viewers with dainty stomachs to serious Volcanic-like gagging.

Indeed, perhaps one or two of my dear readers are gagging right now at the mere thought of such a sight.

That is why, out of the kindness of my heart, I am not posting a picture of the treasured dish! Rather, I simply give you this helpful link to a picture of Tripe and Onions. Made with, yes you guessed it: Tripe and Onions ( I figure you know what an onion looks like!)

It is kind of like maths. People either love or hate Tripe and Onions.

I love Tripe and Onions (and maths). There is nothing more delightful than the keen sense of a piece of well-cooked tripe slithering down the back of one's throat - heaven!

And if you can be solving a nice piece of calculus at the same time .....

And to my delight, I have discovered that the Elliott-Bateman Curry Kitchen now make a Tripe and Onions in a white parsley sauce, available in New World Supermarkets folks.

BON APPETIT!

No comments: