Wednesday, March 18, 2009

lets face the music and dance ...

DWTS is now the abbreviation for a show that is dying a thousand deaths. I was listening to radio hosts discussing it this morning - but they could make no traction and little headway in their prolixity as none of them had actually seen the show.

I watched it last night (for approximately 7 mins). Then waves of nausea swept over me and I killed the TV and retired to my bed with a good book by John O'Farrell: An utterly impartial history of britain. The book placed me in a happier space. I am up to the execution of Mary Queen of Scots.

By the way, DWTS stands for Dancing with the Stars. It ought to stand for Dim Witted Tv Shows or perhaps Dumb Wallyish Tv Shows or even Disasterous Woeful Terrible Show ... but I am being tooooo kind!

Fundamental problem with Dancing with the Stars in NZ. With the sensible exit of John Rowles, due to exhaustion, there simply aint a single star.

No comments: