Thursday, March 5, 2009

Walkin after midnight

Now, I know you have all missed me. It has bin a long time since the last entry. Put it down to rehab … no folks ... seriously, the university semester one has begun down here in old Nu Zulun.

However, i have not been totally academisized. In the midst of a overwhelming workload, I have been hitting the road with regularity (thanks to the bran in my diet). A big movement ... sorry ... moment ... came for this runner-turned-walker last night. I put together a 1500 metre walk in 7min and 59 seconds. Now that there is no mean achievement for a new comer at this hip shuffling stuff. After all, I am staring 60 in the face (well … all right then … 58 and one half). Still it is a big deal. Sadly, I have no photo to display of my magnificence in action.

It was a grass track as well. I am told by an expert that on the solid road it would be a little faster.

The secret is lots of walking after midnight. No … not really … only Patsy Cline does that after her lost lovers.

No comments: