Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Show me the way to go home. I’m tired and I wanna go to bed …

Exhaustion is a great thing. There’s mental and physical exhaustion. There is really tried and then there is burnout. I did a 10 km race walk on Sunday in 57 mins, doing the last 5 km in 27:40. When I finished, I was exhausted – but what a nice exhaustion it was! I had been aiming to break 1 hour (6 min per kilometre).

On the other hand, there is the exhaustion of John Rowles, who had to pull out of Dancing with the Boobs … oops Stars. Now that folks is not a nice exhaustion! It is an embarrassing exhaustion – one which will no doubt see the media mongrels have a feeding frenzy.

Good on you John! It is a thoroughly passed-its-used-by-date kind of programme. Without John Rowles the programme has really fallen on its ass.

What about an hour of racewalking instead! Now we guys and gals really know how to wiggle our hips!

No comments: