Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I wonder should I go or should I stay...?

The fate of the 2010 Commonwealth games in New Delhi seems balanced on a knife edge.

"To go or not to go" is the all-consuming interrogative haunting the the News in Nu Zulun.

or as the great Athlete Englebert Humbledick sang:

 "I wonder should I go or should I stay" in a song aptly named The last waltz

it's  Humperdinck ya great twit!



But folks... ya just got to feel for the athletes, especially those like Valerie Adams and Nick Willis who have top chances of medaling.

Since the Beijing Olympics, they have been focused on this goal.

Now folks as a semi-distinguished athlete myself, I have a tremendous personal insight into what it takes to stay motivated and focused through rain, wind, snow (well maybe not snow), hail, fire (well maybe not fire), heat, cold, and injury ...

oh yes and then there's mud!     and hail ... don't forget hail.

 ... And stay true to the goal.

... and right now as they (Adams and Willis) enter the final phase of preparation ... all this kerfuffle, uncertainty and perhaps a hint of anxiety!

Can they stay true to their goal? Will they be allowed to stay true to their goals? (Will the Nu Zulun Rugby sevens get to score any goals?)

A number of overseas athletes are beginning to pull out.

One problem is that the media sensationalize things. It is their job I suppose.

I lived and worked in the southern Philippines for six years. Apart from a number of very serious incidents, I felt wonderously safe folks.

Yet, if you judged by news reports in New Zealand, the Philippines seems a very dangerous place.

Let the games begin!

Would you like this dance?

???

3 comments:

terry said...

they should go brave up boys and girls

Sheila D. said...

I'll help them on their way

Simon said...

Looks like things are going ahead Frankie old son.

I have a feeling these games will go well once people stop their prejudice against our Indian friends.