Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say Please share my umbrella Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows Under my umbrella

It happened twice yesterday and once this morning.
It was the same driver.

The bus sometimes tends to not stop at the bus stop. The driver is caught in a momentary trance.


The result is yet more forlorn passengers standing at the exit watching forlornly their bus-stop whizzing by (relatively speaking).

The first incident yesterday along Hurstmere Road, featured two rather squat and plump young teenage girls hoping the driver would hear their silence as their bus stop raced by.

Well she didn't. Finally about 300 metres past the stop, the driver became aware with some other passengers muttering at her.

The girls got off, to tackle the long walk home. One passenger wryly remarked that the exercise would do them good.

The next incident came at ... yes you guessed it ... my lovely bus stop. As soon as I ascertained the certain potential long march (aplologies to Mao), I yelled a hearty stop!. The bus ground to a halt about 10 metres past my bus stop.

The third incident happened this morning. Again, two young woman ... yes... staring forlornly and silently at the exit as their bus stop sprinted by (relatively speaking) .

I moved into action. Stop! I cried. The bus ground to a stop. The two young ladies were saved.

The lesson, silence is golden ... but it won't stop a bus.

Yell or walk.

No comments: